- Top 5 Chainsaws Under $300
- How to Choose the Right Chainsaw
- Final Words...
CountrySilo is reader-supported and all of our top picks are expert-approved. We may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you, on purchases made from our chosen links.
Have no fear the five best chainsaws under $300 are right here! Pick your favorite and saw away...
Top 5 Chainsaws Under $300
1. Husqvarna 435e II Gas Powered Chainsaw
The Husqvarna 435e is a great saw if you are looking for a powerful, easy to use and easy to maintain electric saw with a price tag of a few hundred dollars.
It comes with a 41cc motor that puts out a maximum power 2.2hp at 9000rpm.
Weighing under 10 pounds at 9.2lbs, makes it very convenient to use.
Here are some of the most important features:
- X-Torq technology – This patented technology ensures that the Husqvarna 435 is one of the most efficient saws when it comes to fuel consumption. Additionally, it also abides by strict emission norms, putting out some of the lowest levels of emissions that harm the environment.
- Smart Start – Gone are the days when you could almost throw your back out while starting one of these saws. It comes with trademarked Smart Start technology that will only require the gentlest of pulls to get this powerful saw going.
- Three-piece crankshaft – Most saws will come with a crankshaft that will be made out of 1 piece of steel that will be susceptible to more wear and tear whereas the Husqvarna 435a is made out of 3 separate pieces of high-quality steel.
- Quick release air filter – A quick pop and pull will allow you to access the air filter which can then be cleaned easily. With other saws, there will usually be a frustrating level of disassembly that will be required before one is able to get their hands on the air filter.
- Snaplock cylinder cover – This is another part that is designed for ease of use. One can easily change spark plugs in an instant by snapping off a compartment in this saw. Once the spark plugs have been replaced or cleaned, the panel can quickly be snapped back on for uninterrupted use.
- Choke/stop control – In the rare event that you experience some engine trouble; you can simply use the combined choke control to either control or stop the flow of fuel very easily.
2. Makita UC3551A 14-Inch Electric Corded Chainsaw
If you are looking for a heavy duty 14’ chain saw that is electric, the Makita UC3551A is definitely a product that deserves very serious consideration.
This powerful saw chain saw weighs in around 14 11 pounds and is one of the best deals in the market today when you consider the big list of features that are explained below.
- One touch adjustment without the use of tools – While most other chainsaws will require you to get out the toolbox to make adjustments, the Makita uses a one-touch patented technology that will allow you to fine-tune your chain saw to make it suitable for various cutting needs. This feature is actually one of the best selling points of this particular Makita model that has seen a lot of demand.
- Ergonomics – The Makita UC3551A comes with a heavily rubberized grip that will ensure the best comfort for the user while also reducing the fatigue involved in chain saw use.
- Ease of use in starting – It is designed with a soft start technology that will ensure the smoothest of startups. It comes with a large trigger switch that will give you maximum control during stop/start cutting.
- Built-in motor protector – This chainsaw comes with a patented circuit design that will limit the motor from burning out if the workload is too much. It will automatically cut off the power to the motor by using the inbuilt current limiter when the chain saw becomes overloaded.
- Automatic maintenance – An important telling point for a good, commercial chain saw is a product that has a very good automatic oiler. This product has one of the best automatic oilers that will ensure the longest periods of continuous cutting. It will also greatly extend the durability of this power saw.
- Oil level checker – The UC3551A comes with a big oil reservoir and the user can easily check the oil level using the large view window. Timely top offs will not be a problem in this model.
- Chain brake – This model comes with an electric chain brake that will allow the user complete control over his or her cutting.
- Safety features – Makita has layered this heavy-duty electric chain saw with two layers of insulation to rule out any chances of an electric shock, even during the roughest usage.
- Warranty and money back guarantee – All Makita tools come with a 1-year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee, allowing the user to buy with assurance and peace of mind
3. Poulan PL1416 Electric Chain Saw
The Poulan PL1416, 16 in. 14-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw runs on a 3.5 horsepower 13 and 1/2 amp motor and comes with a lightweight design.
It weighs 7.5 lbs, making the compact chainsaw great for limbing and pruning. It has a 16-inch bar and handguard and a trigger lockout for safety.
Some of our favorite features of this saw are:
- Ergonomic Design – The safety of a chainsaw is largely determined by the design. When the design is bad, it might affect the safety, which is bad for you. Fortunately, this chainsaw comes with an ergonomic inline engine design, which enhances balance and control. This means a lower risk of kickback and other hazards.
- Moderate Bar and Chain Length – Unless you are looking to cutting a very large tree, this chainsaw will help you cut through most trees. And if you only need to remove a few small trees, you’ll find this will slice through it quickly. Obviously, the horsepower on this may not be enough in taking down the larger tree, you’ll have no problems going through trees with moderate width.
- A Good Chainsaw for Women – Recently, there has been an increase in the demand for women, which means there needs to be cheap, easy to maneuver, and compact chainsaw to satisfy this need. Fortunately, the Poulan 14-Amp Chainsaw is a plug-in and use kind of chainsaw. Not only is it at the right price but its design and size make it an attractive option to a woman who wants to cut down wood or for maintenance without too much of a stress.
- For Small Jobs – If you are looking for something light to use for smaller jobs, this is it. This means it’s not suitable for a serious job such as cutting trees above 20″ in width. It’s important to note at this point that some users complain of this saw being heavy, which is true. It’s 16″ and while that sounds like irony, I’ll recommend you choose this only if you are looking for something to cut down small trees. For something lighter, you’ll have to look at the other models on this list.
- Well Built and Durable – The chainsaw is sturdy and strong, coming with more metal than plastic. While this makes it heavier than plastic dominated chainsaws, it’s great for you if you want something that’ll last longer.
4. Black+Decker LCS1020 Battery Powered Chainsaw
The Black and Decker chainsaw is easy to assemble and as battery powered saws go it lasts longer than other comparable models.
It also has tool-free blade tension which is handy to allow you to work faster and more efficiently.
Here are a couple more of our favorite features:
- Wrap Around Bale Handle – The bale handle has a plastic wrap that makes grabbing and gripping the chainsaw easier. It allows you to have maximum control of the saw while cutting through a thick wood, without losing comfort or balance.
- Lightweight Design – Another attractive feature of this chainsaw is that it weighs only a few pounds, making it easy to maneuver and manipulate when you are handling a delicate project. Moreover, the lightweight design helps to reduce fatigue so you can work longer at your job.
5. WORX WG304.1 18-Inch Chain Saw
One of the nice features of this chainsaw is that it comes with an auto-tension system that protects the chain and bar as well as maintains proper tension while cutting – this is done automatically, so you can focus on the important task at hand.
The auto-tensioning system is also responsible for preventing over-tightening, which can shorten the life of the bar and chain on the saw.
Here are a few more benefits of this chainsaw:
- Auto-Lubrication with Oil Level Indicator – This chainsaw comes with a built-in oiler that keeps the chain and the bar lubricated so they can run smoothly.
- Lightweight and Ergonomic Design – Because it’s light, you’ll rarely experience early fatigue when cutting. The rear handle is wrapped in rubber and the front handle is ergonomically designed so you can work with maximum comfort and control. The 18″ bar features all-metal dogs at the base for improved stability during cutting and the sprocket on the bar nose is easy to oil, thus making it easy to keep it in tip-top condition. And because you don’t mix oil and gas prior to usage, this electric chainsaw adds more to your operation time.
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor – The WORX WG304.1 Chain Saw 18-Inch 4 15.0 Amp Chainsaw comes with a 15-amp motor that delivers excellent power and performance that rivals that of a gas chainsaw. This motor lets you handle tough jobs and outwit tricky tree branches.
- Adequate Safety Features – The chainsaw has a built-in safety brake, which automatically stops the chain from rotating around the bar when the wrong contact is made. So, in the event of a sudden or rapid movement of the chainsaw, you don’t need to try to stop the saw because the brake engages in seconds, saving you from possible injuries.
How to Choose the Right Chainsaw
Still not sure how to choose the right chainsaw?
Here is a quick video that’ll work you through all the necessary steps you need to take to choose the right one for you!
Selecting a chainsaw with a budget constraint is not always a bad thing as long as you know what you are looking for.
There are a lot of brands on the market that sells below three hundred dollars, all you have to do is look in the right place.
Fortunately, this guide provides you with all the best models you can find under this price point. If you read to this end, selecting the best chainsaw under 300 should not be difficult for you.
You Might Also Like...
About THE AUTHOR
Growing up around the farmlands of the Midwest you learn at an early age getting your hands dirty is a way of life. Whether it was helping my Grandpa make cedar furniture, mowing neighborhood lawns or throwing bails of hay the do-it-yourself mentality runs strong in our family.
I am excited to help you tackle your projects and discover new ways to make your house a home!
Learn More About Us...